The “Teal Pumpkin Project”
Happy Halloween Dreamer! I hope you are geared up for a fantastic evening of fun, with handing out goodies, dressing up and maybe even playing a few tricks. I love Halloween, from the decorations, to dreaming up my costume, it’s such a FUN holiday, for all ages! This Halloween, I wanted to share with you an awesome initiative that I learned about two years ago called the “Teal Pumpkin Project”.
As a side note, since Halloween is one of my favourite holidays I was reminiscing about some of my previous years costumes which I have included throughout this post as well. Hope you enjoy!
Have you heard of the “Teal Pumpkin Project”?
Basically, the 'Teal Pumpkin Project' was launched in 2014, to provide non-food items for trick or treaters, as many kiddos have allergies. This project allows inclusion for everyone and allows the fun to continue for those kiddos who do have allergies and may not be able to eat many or any of the treats given out at this time of year.
How do you participate?
- Paint a pumpkin “teal” and place it on your front porch to indicate you have non-food treats available
- OR, print off one of the initiatives posters online here, to show you have non-food treats available
- Pick up some non- food treats; here are some ideas to get your imaginative juices flowing:
- play-doh (I buy the 80 pack of minis from Costco each year)
- stickers, pencils, bouncy balls, glow sticks,
- other little dollar store type toys (including whistles, bubbles, etc.)
- Spread the word about this initiative to your friends/family & encourage them to participate
Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Halloween!! I hope you choose to participate in the “Teal Pumpkin Project” and help spread the word.
This post may contain affiliate links. All affiliate links will always be in line with “Dreaming In Turquoise’s” mission and are recommended regardless of compensation at no additional fee to you.